Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yumminess never looked so cute...

What do you do when you have a birthday party for two 2-year-olds...one of whom is all boy and the other a girlie-girl?
You become a genius at party planning!

Cookie Monster for little man...

Cutesie Cake for little miss...
How positively cute are these?!
Of course, both cakes wouldn't feed everyone, so my sister-in-law and I decided the cakes were for the adults. She made these 'to-die-for' cakes, and I made cupcakes for the little people. And it would just not do to have generic cupcakes, so I used the same icing from the cakes (my extremely talented cake decorating sister-in-law saved me some) and made the cupcakes to complement the cakes. I ask you: how brilliant is that?! For some reason, I didn't take a picture of the girlie cupcakes, but they were pink and green with flower sprinkles...too cute.
I wish I had a good picture of the plates, napkins, other deco, etc. Everything just came together so much better than I planned. I found these napkins, tablecloths, and such with cupcakes and swirlies on them...with our colors! I couldn't believe it when I walked into Party City and there they were. It was a fantastic find!

Don't judge me for my lack of humility...it's just the fun of the moment taking over.
Oh...what the heck do I care? I am brilliant!

Kidding...kidding... :)

No comments: